Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Crackers


On my CQI group we exchange Christmas crackers. Which are actually about an 8" towel paper roll filled with buttons, thread, fibers, beads, fabrics and all kinds of trinkets, silkies, lace to do crazy-quilting with. You make a cq block and wrap it around the roll and then you can add wrapping paper or fabric around that and tie it off and then send it to different cq sisters and you get one in exchange. The hardest part is waiting until Christmas to open them. Now I have to tell the truth here and say that last year I could not wait...curiosity got the best of me and I had to open but so far this year it has not and I think I may be able to hold out...only because I am really busy this year with Dayton being with us and all that I kind of try not to think about it...this is a pic of the two that I sent out this year. I will later take a pic of the 2 that I received....

No comments: