Monday, January 11, 2010

Finished challenge block for "2010"


In my CQI group we have a challenge each month for the year and many are making a block or 2 and then adding whatever the challenge is thru the month. This is the first year, yeah, that I have put a challenge block together with the good intention of doing each month. The block is 14.5" square and this months challenge was fans and curves. So it took me awhile but I finally figured the fan out, how to butt up the velvet next to the other fabic, which is the curved piecing. I also added lace to the fan and painted a little of the lace with luminere fabric paint. This was with the help of the other CQI members who posted about how they did their fans and curves or posted places to go to find info so "thank you" all very much for your help and now I am looking forward to working on this block each month with the excitement of seeing the finished result.

No comments: