Monday, January 17, 2011

A "2010" Guild Challenge

Morning!  Well I wanted to take a pic of this before I take it to guild because I am forever forgetting to take pics.  This was a guild challenge that was due in Decmeber of "2010".  Needless to say it did not get done until after the due date but I still do want to take it in and show it completed.  What we had to do with the challenge was everything in the quilt had to start off as a solid fabric with the exception of embellishments.    So with the black background and binding I used a little bleach and some rubber stamps, where you see the borders I used reversed applique and my hand-dyes then the flower and the stem were also hand-dyes but I wanted to try the texture magic that I had heard about  for some time and I really enjoyed using that.  I then embellished it with the inches and did some stitching in the ditch and around the bleach motifs and it is done.  I really did enjoy working on this because I tried so many new things and I am satisfied with the piece.  For some I guess you can tell it was a beginner art quilt piece but I sort of like it.....thanks for looking

6 comments:

Linda Smith said...

Looks great Sharon! I can't wait to see it tonight in person.

tisme said...

I would love to know how you used stamps and bleach?? I really like your piece.

Love Of Quilts said...

Very pretty...hope you have a good time. Trish

Create With Joy said...

Thanks for joining me at Create With Joy! Your work is gorgeous and your new family member is just adorable!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

"MOI" Freubel said...

Hi Sharon
I just discovered your blog and couldn't resist to write a short comment.
I've browsed a while through your posts and I've found it very enjoyable.
( Just felt the need to say this :)

Thanks kindly for sharing your images and photos It was very inspiring to see.

Hearty Greetings, Rian from the Netherlands.

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

Hi Sharon,
I also became your follower. Beautiful work!
Barb
http://barbararosenzweig.blogspot.com/