Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mug Rugs for a road trip

Well I want to show you my first 6 mug rugs.   I went to a quilt show in Pigeon Forge with 5 other ladies from my quilt guild.  Now I  really did not know 4 of  them that well, and Linda well we get together once a week to stitch, other than to chat every now and again at guild.
Here we are!
 They just mentioned a few weeks ago that they had room for 2 more people to go to the show if anyone was interested so Linda and I said great we would go.  Well if you never go somewhere without knowing the people first or do not go to retreats because you do not know all the peoples then in my experience you are really missing out on a fun time.  We left at 6:30 in the AM and did not return until around 10:30 PM and we had a really good time.  Well I am sure that is too much info but to make a longer  story shorter I made each one of us a mug rug and at the end of the night we all signed each others.  It was just fun and a little RAK to say "thank you" and here they are!
Our mug rugs!

5 comments:

Love Of Quilts said...

What a good time you all had... I'm a lit bit envious....you must not live to far from Pigeon Forge its a 5 hrs drive for me and I wouldn't want to make it in one day...cute rugs. Trish

Ruby said...

That's a cute idea using the Quilt Diva fabrics for the Mug rugs. Glad you had a good time.

Unknown said...

Trish I am 2.5 hours away....I don't think I would have done a day trip at 5 hours either..

Susan In Texas said...

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the give-away. The blog roll is just another name for your blog list; the list of blogs you have at the right side of your blog. Add http://susanintexas.blogspot.com to yours and your get four more chances to win. Sorry for the confusion. 8) You have a lovely blog too!

Thanks,
Susan in Texas

Karen said...

Fun mug rugs!!